Have you heard the term RSS? There are a number of different definitions for RSS, but in a nutshell, RSS allows you to receive instant updates from sites as new posts are added. This is a great way to stay up to date with new information without having to visit numerous sites repeatedly to see if posts have been added or not. It has saved me tons of time and increased my ability to keep up with what’s going on literally around the world!
There are many options available, but here are step-by-step instructions for the RSS aggregator I use and really like:
1. Go to the Feedreader website.
2. Click on “download the latest version.”
3. Click on “Download FeedReader290Setup.exe.”
4. Click on the download button in the row for the location closest to your own location.
5. Once finished downloading, follow the instructions to install Feedreader on your computer.
Once Feedreader is installed, follow these few simple instructions to start receiving updates right away:
1. Click on the icon for “add new feed.”
2. Go to Music Matters Blog.
3. Click on the link “rss” under the “Meta” category in the left hand column. (This will open up a new web page.)
4. Copy the url from the address window at the top of the page.
5. Go back to Feedreader and paste the url into the “location of feed” space in the window that came up when you clicked on “add new feed.”
6. Select a name for the feed and then click “Finish.”
That’s it! You can add the comments feed from this site as well, if you’d like to receive an update with comments that are submittted for various posts. You can repeat this same process on any web page that offers an rss feed.
Have fun! But be forewarned…this can become addicting! 🙂