After a couple of weeks with no computer I finally “bit the bullet” and forked over a big chunk of my hard-earned savings to do something I’ve been considering for years. I officially converted my studio to all Mac-based technology.
Having owned three Dell laptops and being fully invested in PC software, this was a huge step. But within 10 minutes of setting it up the night it arrived, I was completely in love! 🙂 This is quite possibly the best technology decision I’ve ever made. Here are some of the reasons why:
* As soon as I logged in with my Apple ID, the MacBook was synced with my other devices (iPod Touch and iPhone). That means all of my calendar and contact data, notes, and reminders were populated without me having to do anything!
* I can specify specific items/data to be stored in my iCloud account, thus making it accessible anywhere via the Internet while also providing an offsite backup.
* I’m using the Apple Mail program now rather than Outlook and I love how it organizes the inboxes and provides the option for mail folders to be either “On My Mac” or in “iCloud.”
* The design is sleek and beautiful!
* I can work on it for an entire afternoon and still have battery power to spare.
There’s so much more that I haven’t even tapped into yet! If you can’t tell, I’m thrilled to back in business technology-wise in the studio. And just in time for all the year-end projects that need to be wrapped up. I have lots of things I’m eager to share in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!