…because that’s where I’ll be headed in a month for the 2013 MTNA Conference!
Thanks to MTNA, I’ll be live-blogging the conference again this year so that anyone who can’t attend in person will still be able to catch a glimpse of all the wonderful presentations virtually.
Also, if you are planning to attend the conference and are interested in being part of a group meetup, please send me an e-mail and I’ll make sure you’re in the loop as we make plans to get together!
It’s always fun to start looking over the conference sessions and start selecting the ones I’d like to attend. There’s such a variety of different topics; I try to be diverse in my choices so I can learn and grow as a musician and teacher as much as possible. Here are the ones I have starred so far:
- Advanced Piano Master Class by Peter Mack, NCTM
- Piano Technique/Young Artists “Right From The Start” by Nancy Bachus, NCTM
- Ten Steps to Parnassus: The Works of J.S. Bach by Erin K. Bennett, NCTM; Siok Lian Tan, NCTM; and Richard G. VanDyke, NCTM
- Intermediate Piano Masterclass by Ingrid Clarfield, NCTM
- Keyboard Improvisation: Creating A Flow In Worship Music by Mark Hayes
- Music Pathways In The Brain: From Sound To Movement To Learning by Kay S. Hooper; Lois Svard, NCTM
- Inspired Uses Of The iPad In Your Studio by Mario Ajero, NCTM; Shana Kirk; George F. Litterst; Stella Branzburg Sick, NCTM
- Developing A Sense For Rhythm And Timing With Latin American Piano Pieces by Alejandro Cremaschi, NCTM
- Northern (De)Lights: Introducing The Intermediate Piano Music Of Carl Nielsen by Stephen Thomas, NCTM