The acclaimed Denyce Graves and Warren Jones were the featured guest artists at the conference this year. For many, this was the most anticipated event of the week.
Ms. Graves shared that the first half of the program this evening was sung by Grace Bumbree at the inauguration of President John F. Kennedy. Ms. Graves just performed this program at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C.
The program for the evening:
- O del mio dolce ardor from Paride ed Elena by Christoph Willibald von Gluck
- Danza, danza fanciulla gentile by Francesco Durante
- L’invitatio au voyage; Le Manoir de Rosamonde; Chanson triste by Henri Dupare
- Zuiegnung; Nacht; Morgen by Richard Strauss
- At the River; The Boatman’s Dance; I bought me a cat by Aaron Copland
- Acerba volutta…O vagabonda stella from Adriana Lecouvrer by Francesco Cilea
- Siete Canciones populares Espanolas by Manuela de Falla
- The Man I Love by George and Ira Gershwin
- Don’t Blame Me by Jimmy McHugh and Dorothy Fields
- Guess Who I Saw Today by Murray Grand and Elisse Boyd
- I Wish I Were in Love Again from Babes in Arms by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart
- Mon Coeur s’ouvre a ta voix from Samson et Dalila by Camille Saint-Saens
After three encores, Ms. Graves and Mr. Jones finally called it a night and departed with the former blowing a kiss toward the audience. I don’t think there was a soul in the audience who left disappointed tonight!