The practice incentive I developed for last year – Go For The Gold! – is now compiled and available for purchase.
In the spirit of the Olympics, I developed a practice incentive with an Olympic theme. One new thing I tried was assigning each student to a team and then basing the winners on the total team points rather than individual points. This worked surprisingly well! The students developed more of a sense of camaraderie than they have with any of the other practice incentives I’ve developed, so that was exciting to see. I also designed the system in such a way that every student, regardless or age or ability, had an equal chance to earn points and propel their team forward. Each team had a variety of ages and levels represented and each team color corresponded to one of the colors of the Olympic rings. Here’s a photo of my studio wall part way through one of the sessions:
The Go For The Gold practice incentive package contains:
* several more photos from my studio
* all the files you need to print the studio wall decorations and individual assignment books for each student that are specially designed for the Go For The Gold practice incentive
* a list of instructions to walk you through what to do to prepare for the start of the program
* an overview of how the program works from week to week
* additional notes
* a list of resources I recommend
Once you complete payment, you will receive an e-mail with a link to download the file package. Read the teacher_instructions.doc file first and you should be up and running in no time! Feel free to leave a comment or send me an e-mail if you have any questions.